Monday 16 April 2012

"The hills, the hills...."

I must have sounded (and probably looked a bit) like the Hunchback as I trundled around the Wiltshire countryside on Saturday!  I managed 48 miles on my first time on the road on my new bike!  Learned so much over the weekend -

- Yes Ged, you are as unfit as you thought
- Do not believe the rumours that there WILL be a water stop at 13 miles  (or not at all)
- Lessons on using gears are rather useful
- Get as many bags and attachments for your bike - that rucksack will weigh a TON after an hour
- Do not look up - you will see the hill and lose the will
- Beware those who think it fun to move or remove the direction arrows - 3 mile detour not fun

and much more! 

Even though I opted out of the second day 30 miler to drive 425 miles home instead, I had a great weekend and I got as much, if not more, out of it than I expected.  Many thanks to Mel and Chris - and of course to all the others who have embarked on some incredible challenges just like me!

Let the 20 week training plan commence....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget